Suva Fish Market Walkabout Tour Overview
Date: Saturdays on request – just call Patricia to arrange a day.
- Ever wonder about the different fishes you see at the Suva Market?
- Why the different shapes and colors?
Take a walk with Trish at the Suva Fish Market and learn about the different species of fish, what’s good for eating, and how to check which ones are safe to buy!
- The estimated walk time is 1.5 hours.
- Cost: $25 per person, which includes the cost of the booklet.
All proceeds support the Human Dignity Group’s efforts on human trafficking awareness.
- Cost: $25
- Difficulty: Easy
- Organizer: Trish
- Phone | 932 2417
To go on a trip with the Rucksack Club, you must sign up as a member. Most trips have a limit, due to equipment, beds, boats or bus seats, and are on a FIRST COME / FIRST PAY basis. Our monthly meetings provide the first opportunity to sign up for trips. A non-refundable deposit is generally required. At sign up indicate if you are driving or if you will need a lift. Riders should share transport costs with the driver.
Membership fees are $15 for a Single, $20 for a Family and are good for the entire calendar year. The membership fees are always reinvested back into the club for various activities like supporting our presenters at each club meeting, venue hires for club meetings, RC quiz nights, etc. So join today and we’ll see you on a trip or two!
Rucksack Club Policy is that we are each responsible for our own safety. We all sign a waiver when we fill in our membership applications. Be sure to make your own arrangements about life jackets and flotation devices, especially for children, as the boat companies and small boat owners usually do not make adequate provisions.
- Excursions listed here are subject to change or cancellation due to Fiji government restrictions.
- In line with the Ministry of Health guidelines and for everyone’s safety, anyone joining a trip organised by the Rucksack club is required to be free of any possible COVID 19 symptoms such as fever, to be fully vaccinated (please take your vaccination card with you), and to wear a mask when in an enclosed space (car, bus, indoor area).
- The Rucksack Club takes all precautions to keep everyone safe, but cannot guarantee a lack of transmission or spread of COVID. When joining a trip, your safety is your own responsibility, and you agree to waive the Club of any liability for any illness or injury that may result from taking part in a trip.